YMMV: Will Ferrell
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Started out as this in Austin Powers and Zoolander.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: After playing a character named Marshall Willenholly in honor of Land of the Lost, Will secures the role of Dr Marshall himself in the remake.
- Memetic Mutation: Two words: Cowbell and Roxbury.
- Is there some kind of curse in Hollywood surrounding him? There's a number of comedy movies over the years where the production staff wanted a different actor for a specific role, but hired him instead. Some examples include:
- When the Bewitched remake was in production, Jim Carrey was being groomed for the Darrin Stephens-esque part (for a resemblance to Dick York), however, because he was unavailable to accept the role, it went to Ferrell instead.
- Similar case with the remake of Land of the Lost - Sid & Marty Krofft wanted Carrey for the role of Ranger Rick Marshall, however, he, once again, was unavailable at the time of production, so the Kroffts settled on Ferrell instead.
- Deja vu with Elf; again, Carrey was among different actors who the producers wanted to play the title character of Buddy the Elf, and again, he was unavailable. In a mock-casting call to poke fun at the troubles finding another actor, one person attending the audition, who was fed up with the script supervisor's nitpicking, storms out with, "Why don't you get somebody like Will Ferrell to do this?!"