YMMV: Why My Little Pony Sucks
- Alternative Character Interpretation:
Time Raider (while reviewing "Secret of My Excess", a scene with the giant Spike destroying Ponyville): "Thank you, Celestia!"
- He considers Twilight a bad caretaker for Spike, mentioning the fact she almost never thanks him, leaves him alone sometimes for days ("He is a kid!") and seems to give him attention only when he is doing something drastic like running away or leaving.
- Thinks Celestia is an idiot for giving a member of a species ponies know nothing about as the assistant of a young woman instead of keeping him in Canterlot where he could be studied, creating a danger for himself and others.
Celestia: Duh! I wanted my slice of cake!
- Also for allowing a wedding even if the city could have been attacked any minute and the groom was the one defending it. He asked why she would do something like this:
- And again for deciding to free Discord from his stone prison. Time Raider concluded that alicorns must keep their brains in the tip of their horn and that the queen's attack must have destroyed whatever was left.
- Finds Pinkie Pie extremely obnoxious and a creep that stalks people and breaks into their houses, as well as making every situation worse.
- Anti-Climax Boss: Considers the final confrontations with Discord and the queen of the changelings lame, especially since it requires them both to grab the Idiot Ball. References this when they destroy the giant Timberwolf in "Spike At Your Service".
Time Raider: A menacing villain defeated incredibly easily on this show? How shocking.
- Cliché Storm: Downplayed: he don't think all the episodes are cliché, but most of them are awfully easy to predict, which makes it difficult for him to get into the story. And when they do use a cliché story, they never do any variation of it. "Spike at your service" is the worst example.
Disclaimer: Hasbro confirms that no creativity, imagination or effort were harmed in the making of this episode! You know, since no amount of those were used!"
- Eight Deadly Words: He doesn't care about the fate of Shining Armor and Princess Cadence during "A Canterlot Wedding", since he sees them as one-dimensional Mary Sues. Also thinks that the Changeling Queen, in his opinion, is a terrible villain.
- He makes a list of the five qualities a bad guy should have to make people care about him/her (intelligence, humor, menace, charm and sympathy). She doesn't make in any of them. He admits taking in consideration her being sympathetic (since she is trying to feed) but decided she is having too much fun in doing it to qualify.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: He likes Owlowiscious, especially how he helped find Spike and even attacked a giant dragon despite having every reason to be angry after Spike tried to frame him.
- He thinks the show would be better by having the CMC as protagonists.
- After she uses her magic to take off Pinkie's mouth, he declares Trixie his favorite character of the show.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop:
- "I'm more important than any of you and everybody should care about my problem!" (Lesson Zero).
- "Always do what people want you to do, even if you are sick of it!" (Luna Eclipsed).
- "If someone want you to leave him alone, keep stalking him all day long! Don't worry, everything will turn out in your favor!" (A Friend In Need).
- "Never question anything you don't know! Only pain will follow! Ignorance is bliss!" (Feeling Pinkie Keen).
- "It isn't worth trying to move away! Everybody else is a jerk!" (One of the many of Dragon Quest).
- ...And several others.
- Narm: He finds the scene where Fluttershy stares the giant dragon into submission utterly ridiculous. He laughed for two straight minutes.
"Dude, you could splat her against the mountain! By sneezing!
- When Cadence says "My love will give you strength!" he groans.
- So Okay, It's Average: Thinks this of most of the episodes.
- The Scrappy:
- He really, really hates Pinkie Pie and Angel. So much in fact that two of his "Top 5 favorite scene of My Little Pony" are Owlowiscious menacing of eating Angel and Fluttershy chewing out Pinkie.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: He was really curious about Luna adapting to the modern world. He gets pissed when she doesn't do squat in "A Canterlot Wedding".
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot:
"Why aren't we watching this? It would even give us a perfect reason for him to not go to the Crystal Empire: he gets invited but doesn't go because Peewee needs him. Boom! And no one would have to be made an idiot or a jerk!"
- His main problem with "Just For Sidekicks" after seeing the photo of Spike returning Peewee to his parents.
Time Raider (imitating the writer of the episode): "Sorry if you were interested, but we were too busy deciding if putting mustaches on the dragons and halos on the ponies to make you better understand who are the bad guys and who are the good guys!"
- Complains that "Dragon Quest" would have been a great occasion to learn something about dragon society, especially since ponies themselves are completely ignorant about it. Instead...