YMMV: Who Do You Think You Are?
- Hilarious in Hindsight: It turns out that one of the ancestors of country musician Trisha Yearwood deered to kill a king's dare.
- Tear Jerker:
- Stephen Fry sums up everything he's just read about his great aunt's entire family - "That fucking word Auschwitz". Their photographs fade to black on screen and he reads out how old the children were when they died in 1944.
- A similar thing happened to Jerry Springer (yes, that Jerry Springer), where he broke down and openly wept after learning that both his grandmothers died at separate concentration camps. (That's one of the reasons he mocks Neo-Nazis a lot on his own show.)
- Ainsley Harriot finds slaves in his family tree, a great-great-great-grandmother among them. He then discovers his great-great-grandfather was a baptized white child, was given money by his father to purchase eight slaves at four years old. Another Precision F-Strike moment - after digesting, Ainsley breathes "Fucking hell".
- Patrick Stewart learning about why his childhood could sometimes be so stressful- his father was a Shell-Shocked Veteran (he, of course, insists that it should be referred to as PTSD), which led to his father becoming occasionally violent. Neither he nor his older brother had known this at the time.