For the film:
- Awesome Music: It's from the Irving Berlin library, and sung by folks like Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney. What more needs be said?
- Heartwarming Moments: When Waverly walks into the floor room and the men who served under him in WWII stand up and start clapping.
- And that speech he makes. Hoo boy, that speech.
- Hollywood Homely: Benny Haynes, a.k.a. "Freckle-faced Haynes, the dog-faced boy".
- Idiot Plot: If Betty had taken ten seconds to ask Bob whether the impression she got from Out-of-Context Eavesdropping was actually correct, or if Bob had realized something was really bothering her and asked her what, there wouldn't be any romantic plot conflict at all.
- Squick: Vera-Ellen had a frighteningly thin waist bordering on Body Horror. You can practically see her gasping through her smile in some scenes.
- Values Dissonance: Two words: Minstrel Number.
- What a difference sixty years makes — Bob basically wants a wife who will stay in the kitchen and bear his children, and despite being career girls, neither Betty nor Judy have a problem with that, nor does Betty object to the implication that she'll have to give up show business to marry Bob. Although both guys admit that they can postpone their careers for family as well.
For the series:
- Alternate Character Interpretation:
- Jo Young Jae is he a Jerk with a Heart of Gold who's rough exterior has a playful and more empathetic role? Or is he a Jerk with a Heart of Jerk who's rough exterior gives way to a seething hatred of those around him? Did his parents have a hand in either of these interpretations?
- Choi Chi Hoon's refusal to move when all the others throw Kim Yo Han off the hospital building. Was it because his leg was broken and he didn't want to take the effort to do it? Was it because he didn't care who did the deed, because they were going to do it anyway? Or was it because the killer could never get into his head, and his inaction was him declaring victory over the murderer's own stated goal to corrupt them?
- What an Idiot: Park Moo Yul leaving the gun and bullets together was a really stupid idea, something which Cho Chi Hun chastises him for, even Kang Mi Reu, the most hot headed member of the group, made sure to separate them, as a loaded gun could reek havoc on the school. Sure enough, the gun is repossessed, and the killer takes over the school again.