YMMV: When a Stranger Calls
- Complete Monster: The Stranger is a Serial Killer who stalks, terrifies and eventually murders young women just for the joy of it. He prefers to target babysitters, having no compunction about killing the children they’re watching over either. He kills a random babysitter and two kids on the other side of town, then preys on Jill for the rest of the film, killing her best friend Tiffany in the proces. He's eventually stopped and arrested, but the trauma from the experience is so great that Jill suffers a psychotic break, dreaming that the Stranger is still there to torment her.
- It Was His Sled: The fact that The Calls Are Coming from Inside the House was originally a shocking twist. The trailer for the remake completely spoils this, as well.
- Older Than They Think: The "The Calls Are Coming from Inside the House" trope was not invented by this movie, but Black Christmas (1974).
- And it was an urban legend before that, too.
- Paranoia Fuel: These films basically play on the fear of a) being alone in someone else's house, and b) unusual noises inside said house.