YMMV: What's Love Got to Do with It
- Award Snub: Many feel that Angela Bassett should have won the Best Actress Oscar for this role, though they would grant that Holly Hunter was a deserving choice for The Piano.
- Awesome Moment: Tina's payback No-Holds-Barred Beatdown on Ike is made as cathartic as possible in the movie.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Laurence Fishburne and Jennifer Lewis play a divorced couple in Blackish.
- Narm: When Tina overdoses, and Ike accompanies her to the hospital, he infamously says "If you die, I'ma kill you, you understand?" Redundant stupidity at its finest, folks.
- Also, when Ike attacks Tina's sister in the restaurant for defending Tina after attacking her for splashing water on him after forcing cake in her face, you can clearly hear two variations of a Stock Scream from the restaurant patrons. Next time, filmmakers, don't let the patrons make a sound if you're going to unintentionally ruin the mood like that.
- Never Live It Down: Laurence Fishburne allegedly got mean looks from women for a long time following his portrayal as tall order Domestic Abuser Ike Turner (though a few hit roles such as The Matrix helped soften this). To say nothing of the real Ike Turner, who accused the film of exaggerating his violent history and destroying his career. Even the reports of his death made evident he would likely be remembered more as Tina Turner's Bastard Boyfriend than for his music career.
- Nightmare Fuel: You probably won't be able to listen to "Nutbush City Limits" for a while...