Subjective Tropes for the Game Show Whammy!
- Internet Backdraft: Woe betide the fool who claims the redesigned Whammy to be superior to the original Whammy of Press, no matter HOW impressively 3-D it may look compared to the original.
- Just Here For The Whammies: The reason why some people watch.
- Memetic Mutation: The show's title spawned a Running Gag of coming up with new "X! The All-New Y" titles, such as Bankrupt! The All-New Wheel of Fortune.
- Moment Of Awesome:
- James Larson, who appeared on the "Larson reunion" special and wiped the floor with the same opponents his brother Michael famously beat nearly 20 years earlier.
- The one contestant who managed to win the car prior to the Tournament of Champions, although by that point the Big Board had several more Top Keys and Bottom Keys, and said contestant won it through the Big Bank after the Whammy took the key halves from the other players.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Most hatred stems from the round board, the presence of Double Whammies (which merely dumped objects onto the contestant in addition to adding a Whammy), and the overemphasis on prizes (over 100 of which were worth less than $300). There was also the fact that two pilots were made, one with Peter Tomarken and the other with Newton, and that the latter was picked over the former.
- What an Idiot:
- One contestant early in the run thought that losing her third Whammy on her very last spin was better than having a score of $2,000. Had she taken the money, she would have won.
- "What type of vehicles are used in the legendary Tour de France?" A contestant rings in and says "SUVs."
- In general, any player who opts to continue spinning in Round 1 after both of his/her opponents have Whammied out of the round or, in Season 2, has won the Big Bank. While it may be justified if the player wishes to win the car, they are guaranteed the advantage of going last in the 2nd Big Board round if they opt to "freeze" in this scenario, and spinning on means the player risks hitting a Whammy and losing this advantage, since if all 3 players hit a Whammy in Round 1, they all start Round 2 with no money, meaning whoever picks up the most spins in the Question Round will then earn the advantage.