- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The extremely bizarre non sequitur line from Sam the Keeper ("Mr. Niles! I just found out Count Dracula was a faggot!") in his introductory scene. Seriously, what the hell was that about?
- "Weird things a goin', weird things a comin', weird things a doin', around here!"
- Blooper: At one point an actress already has mud on her dress from a previous take.
"Wait, her dress is pre-muddied!"
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The atmospheric Native American chanting during the opening credits is wasted on this movie.
- Designated Hero: Paul Niles never performs any action even remotely heroic throughout the course of the film. Even when he finally kills the villain at the end (as a werewolf), it's treated no differently from when he killed a lot of innocent people (as a werewolf). Paul doesn't affect the plot, the plot affects Paul.
Natalie: Paul... you're our only hope.Crow: I hope someday they tell us what he's their only hope for.
- Natalie seems to think that Paul can help them get funding, presumably by writing something? It's never explained, and you'd think they'd have no problem getting funding when everyone keeps saying that the skeleton is the find of the century.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Sam the innkeeper.
- Esoteric Happy Ending: The movie ends just after it's revealed that Natalie has become a werewolf as well. So now they're both vicious creatures of the night who will undoubtedly spend the rest of their lives killing innocent people and being forced to run from the consequences. She seems pretty happy about it, though. Hooray, I guess?
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: When the guard is driving around (and going past the same gas station over and over again), Crow remarks on the high gas prices "Where is he, Port au Prince?". Said prices are around $1.95. Ten years later, people would kill to have gas prices that low again...
- Genius Bonus: "Basquiat is in danger!" The extra indeed does look like the famous graffiti artist.
- Similarly, "Leland Sklar ... survivalist!"
- Memetic Mutation: "I just found out Count Dracula was a fag!"
- Narm: The entire movie essentially feeds a high-pressure main of unintentional comedy, but if we had to pick one example, it'd be when Natalie's actress takes a rare stab at emoting, and this is the line she delivers:
"So it's come to thess? You and Noel is [sic] in it for fame and fortune?! But over my dead-body!"
- Nightmare Retardant: It's a poor werewolf that can get its ass kicked by some random guy on the street.
Mike: Oh no, not things!
- Paul seems really shaken up by his supposed nightmares... which he only describes as "running through the streets, doing things."
- One-Scene Wonder: The random guy on the street who manages to fight Werewolf Paul and almost win.
- Special Effects Failure: The various "werewolf" costumes
Crow: He's dreaming of slimy cat puppets!
Mike: A bat? A bug? What is that?
Servo: It's a gorilla with a dog mask on.
- Complete Monster: Janos Skorzeny, thought to be the progenitor of the werewolf bloodline, is a brutal predator who turns people into werewolves and delights in seeing them lose their humanity. Unlike most werewolves, Skorzeny is entirely in control of his bestial nature and delights in hurting others. A sailor by trade, Skorzeny uses his profession to arrive in new locations, slaughter everything he can, and then flee before suspicion can fall on him. When Eric Cord seeks to kill Skorzeny to lift the werewolf curse, Skorzeny treats him with amusement and attempts to kill Eric's girlfriend for fun. Skorzeny slaughters multiple other innocent people for fun, including a ship's captain who asks too many questions, and five prostitutes for his own enjoyment. When Skorzny mocks Eric by pointing out Eric is also attempting to murder him for selfish reasons, Eric states that Skorzeny is no longer truly human: he is simply a wolf who's sometimes a man instead of the other way around.
- Nightmare Retardant: The werewolf suits are pretty well done and intimidating for a 1980s TV budget, but the jaw mechanisms not operating and meaning the mouth was just hanging open stiff does look a bit silly.