YMMV: We're the Millers
- Critical Dissonance: Critics have been mixed, with some outright hating the film, but the film has proven to be a big financial success and score better with audience.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Lose all the money you made dealing pot and have to end up doing some international drug trafficking? It's a great way to bond with the fake family you're treating like crap and eventually end up living with them in a nice house in Witness Protection if you turn your supplier in! It does help that David is kinda just the guy stuck in the middle between some even bigger jerks though.
- Les Yay: Edith comes on very strong to Rose, even smacking her on the butt after a prolonged hug.
- Memetic Mutation: The "No Ragrets" tattoo.
- Nightmare Fuel: The tarantula. It sneaks into the picnic basket, and then during a chase, the basket goes flying and so does the tarantula, the tarantula lands on Kenny's leg, bites him in the testicle and we are treated to a lovely shot of the swollen testicle. Ewww. Made worse when it's stated that Kenny is allergic to the venom.
- Paranoia Fuel: Arachnophobes may never want to take a picnic basket again with them after said scene.
- One-Scene Wonder: The Mexican (played by Hey, It's That Guy! hall-of-famer Luis Guzman) cop who asks the Millers to suck his dick.
- Trailer Joke Decay: The Willie Nelson weed line, and the "It's a skateboard" bit have a bit of this done to them.