Tear Jerker: "The wires..."
- "Fiver Beyond" (basis for the Bright Eyes sequence)
- "For El-Ahrairah to cry" (destruction of the warren)
- "We followed [[the river]] down into a big wood; and that night, while we were still in the wood, Toadflax died. He was clear-headed for a short time before and I remember something he said. Bluebell had been saying that he knew the humans hated us for raiding their crops and gardens and Toadflax answered, "That wasn't why they destroyed the warren. It was just because we were in their way. They killed us to suit themselves."
- "El-Ahrairah and the Black Rabbit of Inle"
- The end
- Let's face it, the whole thing.
- The poem of Hyzenthlay the Efrafan doe, quoted here
The beetles died in the frost and my heart is dark;
And I shall never choose a mate again.
The frost is falling, the frost falls into my body,
My nostrils, my ears are torpid under the frost.
The swift will come in the spring, crying “News! News!
Does, flow with milk and dig holes for your litters!”
I shall not hear. The embryos return
Into my dulled body. Across my sleep
There runs a wire fence to imprison the wind.