* AngstWhatAngst: Ultimatepheer's dwarven alter ego seems surprisingly unaffected by the death of his only son at the hands of what is basically an ugly monkey.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: Operation SLAYER, which had fishsicles leading Waterburned in invading and conquering Hell. Hanging on to it, however, [[WonTheWarLostThePeace proved to be beyond his successors' ability]].
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: Most of Count Dorku's krutzing turns were filled with these. One particular moment comes from the very end of fishcicles' second turn: after many pages of the aforementioned operation SLAYER, filled with Anime/TengenToppaGurrenLagann references, an unnamed child crafts an adamantine flute containing a recursive engraving of itself spiralling on forever, which he decides to call ''Drillcrusher''.
* DemonicSpiders: Three-eyed demons and earwig monsters, nightmarish doom-engines that break down doors. One earwig monster managed to kill no less than three legendary war-dwarves.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Any non-player dwarf mentioned by name, but particularly [[TheWoobie Adil Aristcatten]] and [[LittleMissBadass Urist Nishsodel]].
* GrowingTheBeard: Rotpar's turn, where the fortress shifts from being a happy little hamlet surrounded by murderfog to an ongoing battle against TheLegionsOfHell. InUniverse, this is a bad thing, but [[VideoGameCrueltyPotential for the players themselves...]]
* NamesTheSame: The fort had two Rotpars, both of whom are now dead. Which is odd, because Rotpar isn't actually a dwarven name.
* TheWoobie: Adil Aristcatten, an engraver/militia captain who's lost no less than three family members over the course of the fort. Could easily become a WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds if things go badly.
** IronWoobie: Lost a hand to a three-eyed demon, then charged right back into the fighting when given a few seconds to staunch the bleeding by the [[BigDamnHeroes arrival of]] TheCavalry.