- Critical Dissonance: Despite the mixed reception from critics, a lot of fans enjoyed the movie. Though arguably, it was made more for the latter than the former.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The Captain of the Guard, maaaan! He's the funny one, maaaan, the impossibly funny one! Who hasn't he made laugh, maaaan? Wrong! Wronng!
- Hilarious in Hindsight: At the end of the movie, Dot's supposed illness is revealed to be no more than plastic surgery to add a beauty mark to her face - or as she calls it "a cutie mark".
- Moral Event Horizon: Salazar crosses it when he fires a cannon at the Warners, just to try to keep them from reaching the Wishing Star, and seemingly kills Dot.
- What an Idiot: When the Warners are told about the wishing star that landed near the town
You'd Expect: They would leave town right away while people are asleep and anybody notices the star has fallen, and if noticed by someone also up early for whatever reason, and asked where they were going, just say ''We're leaving Acme Falls for a while, but when we get back, things are going to be better for everyone. Trust us."
Instead: Not only do they leave roughly around 8 A.M., the time when most people are awake and out, but they actually tell the entire town about the wishing star and what you have to do get the wish (touch it), and naturally, they all immediately start racing to try to get to the wishing star first.
Dot: Maybe we should've kept this our little secret.
- This is actually Lampshaded: