YMMV: Wait, Wait, Donít Tell Me
- Dude, Not Funny!: When Hawaiian singer Don Ho passed away, Peter made a joke about his grandkids being "nappy-bottomed Hos" shortly after the Don Imus incident. Needless to say, it didn't go over very well with the audience.
- Another example happened after the child air-traffic controller, Peter Sagal listed other times children have controlled air traffic, which included the landing of the US Air flight in the Hudson River.
- Mo Rocca had this happen when he once complained about he didn't like hand-knitted sweaters because they literally rubbed him the wrong way. Needless to say, that didn't go well with many knitters; they sent loads of hand-knitted sweaters as a retort.
"You know what I can't stand? Bricks of gold!"
- This actually got followed up on CBS Sunday Morning (Mo Rocca is also a contributor to CBS' 60 Minutes program), where they did a behind-the-scenes of the "controversy".
- This later got a callback when Mo recounted the incident and the other panelists started listing things that they "hated."
- Internet Backdraft: The show stirred up some flames when, in a Bluff the Listener Challenge about Periphery Demographics, Peter basically called bronies dorks with no social life. The next week, they apologised by having Bill Clinton answer questions about the show for Not My Job.