- Base-Breaking Character: frequent panelist Paul Poundstone is either the world's funniest comedian, or someone whose voice is so annoying that listeners turn off the volume until she's done talking.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Early in 2016, one of the panelists joked that Donald Trump's ego was so big that he'd simply declare himself president if he lost. Weeks before the election, Trump began to hammer the idea that he'd contest the election if he lost.
- Genius Bonus: The February 18, 2017 show had a rabbi from New York State as the "Who's Bill This Time?" contestant. Peter, who is also Jewish, immediately points out that the rabbi responds to the question about his first quotation with another question.
- Internet Backdraft:
"You know what I can't stand? Bricks of gold!"
- The show stirred up some flames when, in a Bluff the Listener Challenge about Periphery Demographics, Peter basically called bronies dorks with no social life. The next week, they apologised by having Bill Clinton answer questions about the show for Not My Job.
- After Mo Rocca expressed his dislike of homemade knitted sweaters, irate knitters responded by sending him loads of sweaters. This caused the other panelists to try and provoke similar outrage for things they "hated."