YMMV: Wait Until Dark
- Complete Monster: Roat kills a few people and terrorizes and tries to kill a blind woman played by Audrey Hepburn in order to find a doll filled with heroin. More specifically, he romances and kills a woman, then brings her two exes in and sets them up so they'll be forced to work for him. He then makes said blind woman think that her husband's an adulterer and uses the other two to psychologically torture her and make her afraid to leave her own home. He's so sick that his unwilling partners try to finish him off and both end up dead. Then he torments the blind woman face to face, ironically in the dark, in one of the most chilling climaxes in film history. Even she realizes toward the end that the doll is of secondary importance to Roat...he enjoys doing evil for evil's sake above all. And to cap it off in a bit of Fridge Horror: had he found out the little girl who was helping the blind woman, he most certainly would have killed her without a second thought..
- The producers had some trouble casting the role for the movie, as many actors were worried that it would permanently taint their image.
- Hell Is That Noise: Many stage productions will make the buzzing of a refrigerator completely and utterly creepy.
- Magnificent Bastard: Roat
- Nightmare Fuel: The last 15 minutes of the movie as Susy struggles to kill every light source in her apartment before Roat can kill her. The final minute of battle between them is in total darkness.
- Paranoia Fuel: Even if you're not blind, this movie is terrifying. Especially the early scene where Suzy gets home, unaware that there are three men hiding in her house, and a dead body hanging in her closet.
- Too Cool to Live: Mike.
- Values Dissonance: Today Susy's husband comes off as insensitive. And Gloria's tantrum isn't justified by what we see.