Les Yay: Oh boy, here we go. As should be expected from the director of Strike Witches, Vividred Operation bears an enormous amount of lesbian subtext between its two lead females. The hug, they have Intertwined Fingers, and the entire concept of docking is very reminiscent of... something else entirely...
Grandpa: "Now, young lady! You have to smooch Akane!"
Akane: "Okay!" *puckers lips*
- When Wakaba challenges Akane to a kendo duel (long story), her letter of challenge is completely indistinguishable from a love letter in appearance.
- At the end of episode 3, we have this little scene:
Momo: "Please take good care of my crazy sister."
Wakaba: (while looking at Momo) "S-so cute!"
*Akane, Aoi and Momo look at her in surprise*
Wakaba: "N-never mind!"
- And then there's this. They're actually holding hands, but still....
- Episode 6 has such things as Himawari and Akane touching each other and Wakaba scooping up Himawari in a Bridal Carry.
- Wakaba and Himawari continue to act like a couple throughout the series, often holding hands and spending a lot of time alone together.
- Episode 8 gives us little gems like Wakaba hugging Himawari while the girls see Akane before she's rushed to the emergency room, and the two of them wearing matching green and yellow clothes.
- Episode 9 takes the Himawari x Wakaba ship to a whole new level. It starts off with Wakaba cleaning Himawari's apartment like a housewife. Then she makes her go out with her in a cute dress. The barettes that Wakaba gave to Himawari turn out to be her most treasured possessions. Then the ending tops the entire episode with Himawari setting up every Sunday for the next year to be spent with Wakaba.
- And then there's Episode 10 for Akane x Rei.