- Awesome Music: The theme from he first OVA
- Complete Monster: The Slum King, the most powerful warlord of the Kanto region, maintains his power by brutally murdering any in his way and violent conquest where nobody is spared if they resist. The Slum King allows rape, murder and looting and when someone really annoys him, he'll simply subject them to Cold-Blooded Torture. Perhaps the worst thing he does is the "Dog-People": cutting off all the limbs of a victim and making them crawl on peg-leg stubs while he keeps them as a Sex Slave.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The world went to crap following a major natural disaster. Cool! Did we mention that the disaster took place on September 11th, 197-? Oh...
- ...or that the natural disaster was a massive earthquake that completely demolishes Japan.
- Narm: The excessive swearing in the English dub.
Lazer: Goddamit! Where the hell is Jack, the fuckin' chicken shit! Fuckin' fuckin shit, fuckin' shit!
- Parody: Guess who the Marvel Pirates in Shin Violence Jack are based on? Come on, guess!
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: This series was originally a Shounen series, of all things. Eventually though, enough people complained to get it shifted to a Seinen magazine.