For the Cellar Door Games videogame:
- Demonic Spider: The Atomic Tower. It has massive range, massive area damage, and can damage your monsters harder than anything in the game. Nothing can stop the damage once it's launched. Not to mention how powerful it gets in latter waves... Thankfully, the missiles can be tricked by clever monster placement, it can be stunned like any other tower in the game, and it has a low fire rate (0.10 shots per second meaning a shot every ten seconds).
- Goddamn Bats: Arguably, the Bog Towers and Holy Towers due to their percent-based damage.
For the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfic:
For the Cartoon Network cartoon:
- Adaptation Displacement: Villainous originally came from a series of web shorts made in 2012 for Ituriel's website That Place To Hang Out. It doesn't help that the original shorts have been privatized on its main YouTube page, likely for legal reasons as CN owns the IP now.
- Counterpart Comparison:
- Quite a few viewers have likened Black Hat to Count Bleck, for obvious reasons. He's also been compared with The Warden from Superjail!, as both are narcassistic men in top hats whose Lack of Empathy is only rivaled by their mysterious powers.
- The show shares a lot of elements with Evil Con Carne, in that there's a supervillain, a technicolor bear, a bumbling scientist, and an amorous woman with red hair. Though these elements are combined for characters in the older show (and most of Demencia's hair is actually green).
- Some viewers have also likened Black Hat and Dr. Flug's dynamic (abusive Card-Carrying Villain and wide-eyed moe Butt-Monkey) to Murdoc and 2D of Gorillaz. Amplified in the English dub where Black Hat has a cockney accent.
- Cult Classic: Who would have thought a 10 episode mini series (each of which are about a minute long) would somehow become just as popular, if not even moreso, than some of Cartoon Network's own traditional 30-minute shows so quickly?
- Estrogen Brigade: Dr. Flug and Black Hat are insanely popular among (especially) gals, if social media is anything to go by.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Quite a few people watch the show just because Markiplier voices 5.0.5.
- Older Than They Think: Despite being marketed as such this isn't the first animated show to come from CN Mexico. Rather, it was actually Santos Contra Los Clones, which followed a similar format as being a miniseries and having a short run time.
- Spiritual Successor:
- Testosterone Brigade: On the opposite end from the Estrogen Brigade (see above), Demencia seems dementedly popular among guys.
- The Woobie: Dr. Flug, who takes the majority of the abuse in the show and generally gets no respect from the nefarious Black Hat.