- Better Than It Sounds: On paper, the idea of a tournament for combat waitresses does sound pretty silly. But you'd be wrong in assuming it's a shallow fanservice series. VG features quality art and animation, a fairly decent plot, and a cast of characters with a surprising amount of depth to them.
- Complete Monster: Miranda, covered in detail in the Abusive Parents entry on the main page.
- Evil Is Sexy: Miranda.
- Narm: Erina's rant in the english dub; particularly when Yuka tries to reach out to her with her heart and she rejects it.
- Not Funny, Lady!!: An in-universe example occurs during Satomi's match with Ayako, who sexually harassed her by repeatedly shredding her clothing while making lewd comments about her body. Satomi warns her twice to knock it off and fight seriously. But, when Ayako goes so far as to grope her, she incinerates the ring and Ayako along with it; leaving her unconscious and covered in second degree burns!
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: From the moment of her introduction, it's made clear that Reimi is the woman to beat, being that she's the reigning champion of the VG tournament. Yuka is the up and coming challenger, who lives for the thrill of the fight. A showdown seems inevitable and is seemingly foreshadowed when they pass each other, on the highway... except it wasn't allowed to happen.
- Instead, Reimi winds up facing off against the cyber drive enhanced Satomi, in an unsanctioned match. Just as she's on the cusp of victory Miranda activates the seed she implanted in Reimi's body, which binds her and saps her strength. Since she could no longer fight, Reimi gets eliminated from the competition, and Satomi is ruled the winner by default. Thus, she ends up being the one to face Yuka, in the final match.
- The Woobie: Satomi was the primary example, having had a generally crappy life between her parents deaths, living in perpetual poverty while trying to support herself and her brother, Daisuke. Then being all but blackmailed into entering the VG tournament in order to save him, and finally being subjected to the Cyber Drive project.
- Then the truth about Reimi's upbringing came to light, revealing she began as this trope, and eventually hardened into a cross between an Iron Woobie and an Iron Lady.