* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: Peter mentions looking through the files before Alva and that they were badly sorted. Could he have purposely disordered the files to keep Alva busy for his own sick amusement?
** The way he stared at Alva's legs in her first scene implies that he'd been lusting after her for a while [[spoiler: and wanted to create an opportunity to rape her. With Peter being a womaniser and Alva being his secretary, he probably saw her as a greater challenge than the girls he usually met through nightclubs]].
** There is a strong possibility he imagined Alva's brother killing him with a wooden stake, as a way to compensate for the horrible things he did to her.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: A lot of Peter's random mood swings are like this. He's even funnier when he's being serious:
--> '''Peter''': I was a little drunk...plus I was horny.
** Peter's imaginary relationship with "Sharon", which turned out to be even shorter than his one-night stand relationships.
* CultClassic: Nicholas Cage's over the top performance is the only reason the movie is still relevant.
* EsotericHappyEnding: While it seems like Alva may have gained some justice in the end [[spoiler: she was still raped by someone with a very active sex life, meaning she could be pregnant or carrying an STD. Also, Peter was her employer and the only person who could have referred her, so with him gone, Alva is essentially redundant at work and will have to deal with unemployment for quite some time. If Peter's murder is ever traced back to Alva's brother, he will inevitably go to prison and Alva may be forced to follow him under charges of conspiracy.]]
** Unless if one interprets the ending that [[spoiler: it was Peter's dying dream after killing himself. As a final way to atone for his actions and for Alva to get some sense of justice for what he did to her.]]
* HamAndCheese: [[AddedAlliterativeAppeal Most of the movie's most memorable moments]] come from Nicolas Cage ChewingTheScenery, a compilation of which can be seen [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfcJUl39iiA here]].
* HilariousInHindsight: Given the overall theme of this movie, it seems oddly appropriate when considering the appearance of a [[http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nicolas-cage-vampire-photo-sale-236543 Civil War era photograph]] that looks eerily like Nicolas Cage.
* JerkassWoobie: Arguably, Peter.
* NarmCharm: Peter's screaming rants and psychotic behavior might seem pretty narmy... ''until you've met someone in that state.'' Then, it's creepy and/or heartbreaking.
** The [[http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/you-dont-say You Don't Say]] Rage Face. Note that [[BeamMeUpScotty he actually doesn't say that line]].
** '''[[LargeHam I'M A VAMPIRE! I'M A VAMPIRE! I'M A VAMPIRE! I'M A VAMPIRE! I'M A VAMPIRE! I'M A VAMPIRE! I'M A VAMPIRE! I'M A VAMPIRE! I'M A VAMPIRE!]]'''
** Peter [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68BjP5f0ccE screaming the alphabet]].
** That's All You Have TO DO!!!
** TOO LATE TOO LATE TOO LATE TOO LATE!!!
** Every single scene Creator/NicolasCage is in.
* RewatchBonus: Given the ambiguous nature of the film you'll find yourself questioning which scene was real or just in his head?
* TheWoobie: Alva. Big time.