YMMV in Literature/Valis
- Jerkass Woobie: Sherrie, a misanthropic cancer patient.
- Paranoia Fuel: you will never see the color pink the same way again. EVER.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible
YMMV in Video Game/Valis
- Crowning Music of Awesome: While the game itself is rather mediocre, Valis II has a pretty epic title theme.
- Fan Translation: The one for the Famicom rendition of Mugen Senshi Valis had an optional easier version.
- I Am Not Shazam: The heroine's name is Yuko, not Valis, in case you did not know.
- That One Boss: The third game, the boss of the first level after finding Nazetti. Raining boulders, an attack that goes across the whole screen, and, of course, an absurd amount of health.
- In the first game, the Twin-headed lightning dragon boss called Voldes, the Lord of Thunder. Naturally, Voldes gets annoying really fast due to the lightning spell. And then you fight Reiko, who can take away 48% of your health in a single spell cast (said spell is considerably weaker in your hands). The only way to dodge it is with a frame-perfect spell casting. The Final Boss is much easier due to not having a spell that hits the entire screen.