YMMV: V. C. Andrews
- Contested Sequel: Different people are going to have breaking off points. Most recently though The Diaries series wanting to be a Fanon Discontinuity. Unless it initself doesn't end up being All Just a Dream.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Just try and find a Casteel series reader who doesn't think that Troy, not Logan, was the love of Heaven's life and that she should have married him instead. Troy might have been Heaven's uncle, but it's not like the previous series didn't have an incestuous couple working things out (in fact, she was still planning on marrying Troy even after the "uncle" reveal and it was just Troy's apparent death that put a stop to that), and he was much more sensitive and caring towards Heaven than Logan who had No Sympathy for Heaven's abuse at the hands of Kitty and Cal, said point-blank to her face that she was Defiled Forever to him, and even indirectly caused Heaven's death. Plus how Heaven and Logan's marriage resulted in both of them cheating on each other (Logan with Heaven's stepsister Fanny, Heaven with Troy whom she explicitly said she still loved)...
- Internet Backdraft: The reveal that Cory was alive in Christopher's Diary: Echoes of Dollanganger did not sit well with fans, some calling it outright insulting to Andrews.
- Narm / Purple Prose: Pick a book, any book.
- Tear Jerker: Many of the deaths, such as Carrie's in Petals On The Wind, Paul's in All That Glitters, and Laura's in Music Of The Night.
- Seasonal Rot: Fans have been quick to point out the declining quality of recent books published under Andrews' name, especially in the last few years.
- What an Idiot: Semantha in the Heavenstone series is a particularly bad example. She is drugged and raped by a boy her sister hired so that Semantha could conceive the family heir. You'd expect Semantha to pick up on the many, many obvious signs of what has happened and that her sister and doctor are lying about the pregnancy being a "phantom" pregnancy caused by psychological stress. Instead: the plan works perfectly.
- The Woobie: If you don't feel sorry for Carrie, you have no soul. Also Cory and Bart, for all his creepy tendencies.