- Crowning Music of Awesome: "It's a Privilege to Pee"; the Act One finale, "Run, Freedom, Run!" Indeed, more of its songs could arguably qualify as the crowner than not.
- Ear Worm: Any and all songs could fit this.
- Genius Bonus: "Hail Malthus!"
- Ho Yay: Cladwell and Fipp, depending on how productions play these lines:
Fipp: You're a good girl, Hope. I used to be one too. Until I met your father.Hope: A good girl?Fipp: You heard me.
- Officer Lockstock and Officer Barrel, especially on the latter's part.
- Magnificent Bastard: Cladwell.
- Moral Event Horizon: Caldwell B. Cladwell crosses this when he sends Bobby to Urinetown, which is actually execution by being thrown off Cladwell Column, knowing full well that the rebels would kill his daughter. Necessarily Evil or not, that was just unpardonable.
- Parody Sue: Hope and possibly Bobby.
- Tear Jerker: Bobby's death and last words.