Subjecttive Tropes pertaining the Ultimate Marvel
universe as a whole.
- Complete Monster: several of them; alternate or not, this is still the Marvel Universe, after all:
- Ultimate Red Skull, to the point he could rival his mainstream counterpart, and that's saying something; he actually once provided the pictures for the comic version of the trope.
- Ultimate Magneto, which is much more unexpected considering his usual portrayal;
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: Not so much at first, but later series such as Ultimatum caused this reaction. Additionally, the fact that many of the characters became jerkasses via adaptation put quite a few people off.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Ultimate Nick Fury, so much that he is currently better known than the caucasian mainstream version; he even was used for the movie adaptations, even though the Marvel Cinematic Universe takes more from the mainstream than Ultimate.
- Magnificent Bastard: Nick Fury
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Some fans had this reaction after the Nothing Is the Same Anymore situation of Ultimatum. Especially concerning Spider-Man's death.
- They Just Didn't Care: One way to explain the continuity errors.
- The Scrappy: Most fans had really bad reactions toward Ultimate Deadpool, due to him being a Complete Monster rather than the Crazy Awesome Chaotic Neutral Anti-Hero character from the mainstream.
- Seasonal Rot: Ultimates Volume 3 and Ultimatum both are considered as really bad compared to the remain of the books.
- Win Back The Crowd: After the utterly atrocious Ultimates Volume 3 and Ultimatum, the new line of Ultimate Comics are clearly trying to do this. It's debatable how successful this was, but it's generally agreed that the books have gotten better now that Jeph Loeb is no where near them.