YMMV: Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
What's that, mate? Got a load of tropes ya want to argue about? You beauty, put 'em down!
Crikey, we're gonna get into a scrap over these!
- Alternate Character Interpretation: The entire series is an Evil Plan by the Bunyips to get TY powerful enough to wipe out the Quinkan, leaving no force powerful enough to stop the Bunyips. Hey, they're not good guys in Aussie folklore, so their benevolence in-game is more than a little off-putting.
- Anti-Climax Boss: In the second game, Boss Cass' final form is...Boss Cass himself. No fancy mechs (on his part), no special effects, just the one cassowary. Though hitting him with the Shadow Bunyip's Frickin' Laser Beams is a guilty pleasure...
- Awesome Music: Several songs in the third game, like Kakaboom Island's music and the mini-boss theme of that game sounds dang awesome. The past two games also have pretty good music, notably "Avine Rescue Now Redux", Ride of the Valkyries on banjos.
- Game Breaker: Specifically, any of the boomerangs that can explode, or let you launch multiple homing boomerangs at once. TY 3 allows you to make them blow up. Precision accuracy? What's that?
- Memetic Mutation: "Best. Rang. Ever," and "I, for one, welcome our new Quinkan overlords!"
- Then there's this little beauty.
- Most Annoying Sound: The Infrarang and X-rang. Oh, God, the pinging!
- Nightmare Fuel: The horribly screeching Giant Spiders... which have a tendency to be black, in poorly-lit areas, and jump out at you without warning. Fun!
- Sidetracked by the Gold Saucer: Kart racing! It can either be done from the main story mode (where it's theoretically a useful way to get opals, but we know you're just doing it for fun) or as an option from the main menu (so you can skip the middleman, play any character you want, and even go on a grand tour of all the courses in the game).
- Stop Helping Me!: A literal case for Lenny the lyrebird. However, he's not as helpful as you'd want... until you start doing the opposite of what he says. He later gets a job telling stories to kids in daycare.
- The Scrappy: Shazza, Lenny the Lyrebird, the frill lizard and goobo in charge of the Bush Rescue Program in 2 and Dennis.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: The voice acting changing between games one, two, and three, and the excess of mech or Gunyip levels in game three.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Lily, from about ten feet away, does not look female. She also has a bad case of Larynx Dissonance, and TY backs away from her as soon as she finishes speaking.