YMMV: 2000 AD
- Dork Age: The 90s is generally seen as a low point.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Both Sinister Dexter and Nikolai Dante appeared in the late 90s and shot to a popularity rivaling that of the top classic strips. In more detail:
- Sinister Dexter went through a period where it appeared twice in each prog, and the finale of its "Eurocrash" story took up the whole of prog 1139, even forcing out Judge Dredd.
- Nikolai Dante managed to get on the cover of Prog 2000 (see page image) after just three years, ahead of such popular classic characters as Sam Slade, Sláine, and Hamerstein.
- Judge Anderson: Psi, The Simping Detective and Low Life are notable among Dredd spinoffs due to their interesting protagonists.
- Droid Life, which parodies the concept that the comic is completely produced by droids.
- Rogue Trooper.
- Replacement Scrappy: In 1996, Tharg was briefly replaced by the Vector 13 agents. This was very quickly scrapped after an overwhelmingly negative fan reaction.