YMMV: Twilight Then Twilight Now Universe
- Author's Saving Throw: In response to the Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy, this blog post was made stating that the In-Universe Firehooves was an Unreliable Narrator with a tendency to Accentuate the Negative, and future stories would show off that the setting isn't such a Crapsack World. It... hasn't been so successful.
- Base Breaker: The story is this taking the franchise fandom into account. It gets any number of reactions to mainline Bronies, but My Little Pony Tales, My Little Pony G1, and My Little Pony G3 fans tend to react negatively to the fic because.... well, there's a lot of contentious elements. Making the G1 portion of the franchise a literal shadow of Equestria, Tales being retconned into being a Nightmare Fuel society at it's core with a foundation of Fantastic Racism and mutilation, adding some very polarizing religious conflict, and being responsible for spreading the Fanon-only term Coltenville from this fic to those that aren't aware the setting wasn't known as this. These are just the most prominent of the various unfortunate slips made whilst trying to unify all the series, even if the author meant well.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: A big part of the negative reaction to this series is this. The setting as a whole is a Crapsack World, with a long and checkered history that seems to be just a constant stream of From Bad to Worse.
- This was only between the Grogar Wars and Tirek's second defeat that it could be considered as a Crapsack World. After the events from Twilight Then, Twilight Now, all of Ponyland was at a new age of total peace.
- Ron the Death Eater: Played with. In Moondancer's Misguided Mission, Sun Shimmer (the recently hired assistant teacher from Mustangia) is doing this to Celestia and humans (such as Megan). Word of God says that this is a direct reference to the general fandom view towards Celestia and when putting humans in the FIM universe (especially the Solar Empire vs. The New Lunar Republic and ''The Conversion Bureau'').
- Moral Event Horizon: Midnight and Bronco both crossed it when Midnight disguised Bronco as Celestia to kidnap the first flutter pony foal in order to cause chaos in Tambelon. What have they done to the foal, we have no idea.
- Truly and Baby Lickety Split crossed it when they committed character assassination on Fizzy in chapter 15 of Every Pony knows your mane: Tales from the Satin Slipper.