- Angst? What Angst?: Allison doesn't seem all that broken up about all her friends being killed. Granted, they were pretty much all assholes.
- Crosses the Line Twice: The film has a bunch of well-meaning, but misguided college students killed in horrific manner, played for laughs.
Tucker: (Having just switched off the wood chipper after one of the kids jumped in it, with only his legs remaining) "You okay?"
- Ho Yay: While Dale and Tucker are apparently neither gay nor in a relationship, it is implied that they might be Friends with Benefits. After all, it is pointed out very clearly that their cabin is far off from civilisation, that they planned on going there alone...and that the cashier loudly reads out that they - apart from tools for fixing the cabin - purchased lube and condoms makes it seem quite clear that they had planned to amuse themselfs there in one way or another. Seeing that a lot happens that wasn't planned, they never did in the cabin what they intended to.
- Moral Event Horizon: Chad crosses it when he kidnaps Allison and straps her to a Conveyor Belt-O-Doom.
- Also the Memorial Day Massacre obviously enough.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: The film, rather violently, drops one about prejudice and not letting you fears overwhelm your judgement.
- What an Idiot:
- The Woobie: Dale.