YMMV: Trinity Universe
The following are subjective tropes related to the Trinity Universe(s).
The Tabletop Game
- Villain Sue: Early books in Aberrant portrayed Divis Mal's faction as antagonists, if generally ones whose point of view you could understand. Later books more or less shifted to present him as unequivocally right, while also making him dramatically more powerful and important (he's implied to be the one who caused the Mass Super-Empowering Event, he's shown to be able to De-Power supers permanently, siding with him grants massive benefits and so on.)
The Video Game
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Pretty much whenever the Prinny is involved, dood!
- Tsubaki and Etna's squabbling is usually pretty good too. Especially when Tsubaki implies that Etna is a crossdressing boy with a leather fetish.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Kanata's normal ending. Rizelea bids Kanata, who had decided to become the Demon God Gem, farewell, telling him that she'll do her best to keep the peace while he takes care of the drifting objects.
- Demonic Spiders: Lurkers ride the line between this and Bonus Boss. They're clearly flagged as coming after you before they attack, but they're unavoidable and work like a random encounter once the flag appears. They're also much stronger than the boss of the dungeon they appear in.
- Ear Worm: You'll find yourself humming to the opening theme of this game due to the fact that said opening is playing all the time at the world map screen.
- Fridge Horror: In the normal ending of Rizelea's path. After managing to partly restore the peace of the Netheruniverse, she heads back to the Goddess Union... straight towards Giga Goddess X, aka Ashura.
- Game Breaker: The DLC can make the first several chapters a joke on Rizelea's path.
- The Convert shop. Simply put, it can give you easy access to the best equipment and there's a trick to get infinite money and points (The currency in the shop). However, you don't have access to the shop until your first clear save file.
- Glurge: Parodied in some of Etna's "Next Episode Preview" segments.
- Ho Yay: Etna lampshades it when Kanata accepts Recit as a party member.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Almost all western buyers are most likely Disgaea fans.
- The Woobie: Miyu. She's the only one capable of supporting her family, but a lot of her customers underpay hernote . Being the Shrinking Violet doesn't help her case either.