- Screwed by the Network: Oh so very much.
- Somewhat justified, as even the real-life profession it portrayed were demanding it die and go away. While EMS providers don't need an excuse to drink, there was actually a drinking game on the JEMS.com forum to make an episode watchable.
- The portrayal of EMS providers in the show was blasted by the fire and EMS community for lack of realism and "giving EMS a bad name."
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: The whole experience is highly esoteric and open to interpretation (The stone balls? Seriously...)
The 1993 Dario Argento film has the following tropes:
- Signature Scene: Aura seeing the killer holding her parents' severed heads in front of her face. It's actually her mother holding her father's head and holding her own head in a manner to resemble two heads.
- Vindicated by History: Getting a warmer reception now than it did twenty years ago. People are appreciating the directorial flourishes, the suspense and the identity of the killer.