- Cliché Storm: Per Asylum norm.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The first film managed to pull the "resistance fighter is actually a machine" plot twist two years before Terminator Salvation did it.
- Padding: Both movies are full of it.
- The Scrappy: As is common with humans in Asylum films, though the robots have received some of the blame too.
- Special Effects Failure: All the effects in the first film, save for the opening scenes, are roughly on par with a PlayStation game. This has not gone unnoticed by the production crew.
- Fall of Man has an especially atrocious scene when the SUV Transmorpher destroys Officer Ryan's police car.