- Crazy Awesome: Despite being the main villain, you gotta admit that Megatron/Galvatron having seemingly 40 different modes, including a giant freaking hand is pretty friggin' cool; they even put it in on the toy!
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Mirage. Being a cool F1 car that is a lone sniper helps a lot.
- Franchise Original Sin: Robots In Disguise had some issues such as choppy animation, episodes that didn't contribute much to the overall story, too much focusing on selling toys, some annoying human characters, and spotty dubbing and voice-acting. Despite this, it managed to be fairly good and did a lot of things right. It's follow-up, The Unicron Trilogy (particularly Armada and Energon), took everything negative about RID and amplified them by ten while losing track of everything it did right.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Robots in Disguise is more popular in the USA than Car Robots is in Japan, probably due to the Woolseyisms, Mythology Gags, and the heavy fan backlash against the Unicron Trilogy.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- So Okay, It's Average: General consensus is that it isn't the best Transformers series, but it's definitely not the worst.
- Villain Decay: Sky-Byte suffered from this hard. In "The Hunt for Black Pyramid", he could fight Optimus Prime toe-to-toe. And he was winning.
- The Woobie: Sky-Byte.
YMMV / Transformers: Robots in Disguise
YMMV for the 2001 anime Transformers: Robots in Disguise: