YMMV: Transformers Generation One
The 1984 cartoon:
The Marvel comic:
- See The Transformers
The Dreamwave comic:
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Optimus Prime's Patrick Stewart Speech in the first miniseries and the fire department of the city then proving him correct by slamming their fire engines into the Decepticons, buying Optimus precious time. Awesome.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: This series portrayal of Sunstorm was beloved and has become the definitive depiction of the character.
- Evil Is Cool: Sunstorm and the Fallen.
- Growing the Beard: The second miniseries. The first one, despite some genuinely good moments, was mostly a Darker and Edgier version of the basic plots.
- Hype Backlash: In regards to Pat Lee's art style.
- Iron Woobie: Optimus Prime.
- It Gets Better: The first mini-series has it's good points, but is widely regarded as a half-assed attempt at Darker and Edgier and suffers from some atrocious art and coloring, not to mention horribly decompressed. From the second mini-series onward the writing and pacing is better, much better artists are utilized, and the Myth Arc is handled better.
- Jerkass Woobie: Grimlock.
- Magnificent Bastard: Megatron at the start of the war. After Wreck-Gar accidentally restores the memories Megatron lost in his first fight with Optimus, he becomes this once more.
- The Fallen. Unpublished issues would've revealed that Shockwave, Jetfire, and Sunstorm were all just his unwitting pawns.
- Too Good to Last