YMMV: Tokyo Jungle
- Demonic Spiders: Lions. They hit like trains, they come in large quantities, they're frequently everywhere, they take a lot of effort to kill, and they can frequently call for help typically having 3 or 4 arriving at once. Only a handful of high end animals can ever hope to take them on in a stright on fight... and they're no more rewarding to kill then any other animal.
- Dilophosaurus as well bordering on Boss in Mook Clothing. While not nearly as durable as a lion they are much faster, hit harder, and are utterly relentless in their attacks.
- Player Punch: During Act 3 (the Sika Deer's chapter), the deer and its sibling encounter a cheetah. You are then given a tutorial popup telling you that you should use your defensive ability. Said popup simply shows a picture of a Killer Rabbit sporting a Death Glare, so you might think that this defensive ability is going to be some totally badass maneuver that'll save you from that horrible cheetah, right? Your defensive ability is to abandon your sibling and let the cheetah have them while you make a getaway. It's either depressing or downright hilarious depending on your point of view.
- Scrappy Mechanic: Many people consider Toxicity to be this.
- Herbivores. At least early on. You're usually too weak to kill anything, and it wouldn't help you survive even if you did, since you can only eat plants.
- That One Level: Act 7 of the story mode. You're playing as a lion and have to defend your pride against some nomad lions and hyenas who want to take it over. What makes it frustrating is that you have to defend your lion cubs as well; if they all die, you automatically lose. The cubs will attack any enemy that gets near and won't get out of the way of enemy attacks. However, if you stray too far, you obviously leave everyone open for attack. It almost feels like the game is deciding whether you'll complete the mission at times.
- Unlocking the lion in survival mode. The mission is a standard take over, but the area in question gets flooded with dozens upon dozens of lions each one more then a match for the tiger. Your best bet is having a full pack and simply ignoring the lions altogether, hoping to cap the points before they kill you.
- Act 12 of the story mode. As a Tosa, you try to reclaim your territory from the hyenas. Every pack of hyenas on the map will attack you, and eventually you come up on a pack fighting an old, scarred lion, and both animals will attack you. You get to the boss, and he runs, leaving you to fight two mini-bosses. Defeat them, and you have to fight a sabertooth tiger. Defeat it, and you finally get to face the boss... but if you don't beat him in one try, you have to fight the sabertooth again!