YMMV: Time After Time
- Genius Bonus: Amy Robbins was, in fact, the name of Wells' wife. The movie writers did this on purpose.
- The talk of a ''World'' War
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Essentially, the plot revolves around a British time traveler and a woman named Amy, who harbors romantic feelings for him. Too bad the time machine wasn't a phone booth...
- Does HG Wells know the 11th Doctor raided his wardrobe?
- Both Malcolm McDowell and David Warner would later go on to play Admiral Tolwyn in the games and film, respectively.
- Mary Steenburgen would again fall in love with a time traveler in Back to the Future: Part III, only this time, she played a 19th century woman who falls in love with a time traveler from the 20th century, the inverse of this movie. And the date traveled to in this movie, November 5, is the same date Marty McFly accidentally traveled to in the first BTTF film (though that was a coincidence. November 5 was the birthday of writer Bob Gale's father).
- Playing Against Type: Malcolm McDowell, who thanks to various prior roles generally gets cast as a bit of a psycho nutcase or otherwise amoral type, plays the rather sweet, slightly naive Wells — in a movie with Jack the Ripper.