- Audience-Alienating Premise: The story of a young girl spending time with the bloating corpse of her father, fantasizing about detached barbie heads, and kissing a retarded man didn't attract much of an audience.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Plenty of em. To be fair, the movie's story is pretty loose in the first place.
- The Rock concert seems to have nothing to do with anything.
- Nausea Fuel: Noah's decaying corpse, complete with the flies and postmortem gas.
- Nightmare Fuel: Several actually
- Love It or Hate It: Terry Gilliam basically says this in the introduction.
- Squick: The "romance" between Jeliza Rose and Dickens has this effect on a lot of people too due to the characters' ages. The implied romance between Dickens and Jelizas grandmother, and finally Dell appearing to make out with Noah's corpse.