- Hell Is That Noise: Lady Asaji's robes swishing along the floor soon become this.
- Narm: The play for the Oregon Shakespeare festival is a tad jarring at times. Considering numerous white actors are playing Japanese characters while Lady Asaji was played with a very thick Japanese accent. She goes back and forth between creepy crazy and narmy.
Washizu: COWARDS! I see it now! You'll slay me and offer my head when you SURRENDER!(Gets an arrow shot into his side.)
- Washizu's goofy expression as the final arrow pierces his neck.
- Washizu Tempting Fate beforehand as he browbeats his army.
- Uncanny Valley:
- The prophetess in the forest comes straight out of this. It doesn't help that her lines were dubbed over by a male actor.
- Also Kurosawa had the actress who played Lady Asaji not blink during her scenes. At all. The effect is rather creepy.
- Visual Effectsof Awesome: Filming the story on the slopes of Mt. Fuji was a very good idea.