For the Game Show:
- Funny Moments:
- December 31, 1971: One contestant was named Mitch Miller. Although he was no relation to the renowned bandleader, Bill couldn't resist asking him, "Have you been to the barber's, Mitch?" Then, the first set of categories in a new game showed up and caught the attention of all men present: "Hidden Talents", "Sophia Loren", and "Super Duper".
- February 8, 1974: A pregnant female contestant was expecting her baby to arrive in "a couple of months", and Bill got her to be a little more specific — "February". Knowing they just exposed their taping schedule, Bill explained that the show was pretaped and that the contestant would probably end up watching this episode air with the baby sitting on her lap.
- From the same episode, Bill reads out the winners of a write-in contest about suggestions for conserving energy. The third-place winner advocates stopping the use of multiple TV sets and radios during sports broadcasts. Her prize? A portable color TV. You can even see Bill begin to crack up when the camera cuts to a picture of the prize.
- Growing the Beard: The format change, no doubt.
- Moment of Awesome: On February 12, 1974, Fred Abrahams made an Instant Match with three hearts for the game ($5,000 in prizes), his seventh consecutive match ($5,000 cash and a new car), and his second entry into a weeklong Valentine's sweepstakes.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Averted; you'd be hard pressed to find anybody who hates the second format.