YMMV: Thousand Shinji
- Better Than Canon: Like with Shinji And Warhammer 40 K, debatable.
- Complete Monster: The Keeper of Secrets.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Double Subverted for the forces of Chaos: At first, they seem positive and useful, making things turn out better for Shinji and co., until they get royally screwed over. The double subversion comes when it turns out that they've been working for a positive outcome all along.
- Genius Bonus: The last few paragraphs become a lot funnier once you've read the preface to any WH 40k novel.
- Holy Shit Quotient This sometimes goes straight to orbit, for example when Shinji creates flying, thermophilic psychic bacteria armed with fusion cannons. Telekinetically accelerating deuterium ions together, the bacteria hurled the products at the still shell-shocked colonies, bombarding them with x-ray, neutron, and alpha radiation. The attacks also positively charged the target, and the bacteria let the electrons stripped from the deuterons fly off towards their targets.
- Magnificent Bastard: Shinji.
- Moral Event Horizon: If Gendo did not cross it when he made Hikari die piloting the possessed Unit 03 and Toji a quadriplegic, he certainly did after we learn that all of the mothers of the children at Shinji's school are kept in preparation for Eva usage.
- Squick : Rei, as she goes down the path of the worship of Nurgle, eventually ending up as Mama Reigle; "...because they looked like corpses that had been left in a hot swamp for a month."