YMMV: This Means War!
- Cross the Line Twice: Tuck, the highly-trained assassin, playing paintball against a bunch of increasingly terrified kids. At one point, we just see a whole bunch of crying kids in paintball gear huddled together in a bunker hoping he doesn't find them.
- Fan Nickname: "Spy Vs Spy: The Movie"
- Hollywood Homely, Trish, described by FDR as an "old man".
- Tuck is supposed to be the plain one of the duo.
- Ho Yay: The guys are both clearly straight, but some fangirls would argue that they are really in love with each other and jealous that Lauren is taking the other guy away. Even Roger Ebert thinks they're gay.
- To the point where they actually filmed an alternate ending with Tuck in FDR's arms.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Great argument can be made that most people just want to see Chris Pine and Tom Hardy together in one movie, regardless of the why. Still, some women do like Reese Witherspoon a lot.
- What an Idiot: The bullying dad at Tuck's son's karate class. Clearly, he must have been blind because Tuck is solid muscle and loves his son dearly—two deadly combinations. Of course, when Tuck is first shown visiting the karate class, he's wearing a thick jacket (which is hiding his muscles) and the man was nearly two heads taller than him, so he probably didn't expect him to, you know, be a badass spy who can and will lay him out flat if he needed to.