Thirteen the musical:
Thirteen the movie:
- Acceptable Targets: Hoosiers. Seriously. Everybody is crazy except for Evan, who's from New York, and Patrice who hates her home town.
- Although any Thirteen fan from Indiana can't blame her.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: "Brand New You". They could have ended it with the curtain call, but there's an extra number afterward for some reason.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Evan telling Brett off at the Dairy Queen.
- Crowning Moment Of Heartwarming: "If that's what it is"
- "A Little More Homework To Do."
- Crowning Music Of Awesome: "Brand New You"
- Ear Worm: Pick a song. Any song.
- Thirteen! Thirteen! Thirteen! It never leaves your head.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Charlotte.
- Ho Yay: The movie theater scene.
- Jerkass Woobie:
- Archie manipulates people and can be kind of a jerk at times, but then you remember that he's doing it so that he can win over Kendra and that he has a terminal illness.
- Periphery Demographic: mostly averted, but college students and pre-teens have gotten into 13 too.
- Averted in that the show was intended to play both to kids experiencing puberty and to adults remembering it. However most adults found the plot to be tedious (which it sort of is) and most of the jokes only work from an adult perspective.
- Tear Jerker: Some of the lines in Get Me What I Need are pretty sad, when you remember Archie has a terminal illness.
Here's the problem, every minute, every second that I wait, might be too late...
- Unpopular Popular Character: Archie and Patrice.
Brett: Yo, Brain! That guy? Not cool!Evan: Okay, thanks, got it!
Thirteen the movie:
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Most viewers tend to think that this is a straightforward story about the bad girl, Evie, corrupting the good girl, Tracy, and that Evie's guardian, Brooke, is just completely clueless when she claims that it is Tracy who is having the bad influence on Evie. But while Evie definitely seems to have problems at the beginning of the film, she still seems to become much less functional as her friendship with Tracy progresses, and it must be noticed that she and Tracy increasingly exclude Evie's other friends almost as much as they exclude Tracy's former friends. So it may be that the two are having a bad influence on each other, and that it's not all a one-way street.
- Les Yay: Between Tracy and Evie.