YMMV: The Winds of War/War and Remembrance
- Authors Pet: Victor is right about every single step of World War II. It is somewhat offset by his appalling homelife.
- Ham and Cheese/Narm: Steven Berkoff's portrayal of Hitler in the War and Remembrance TV series. In his Villainous Breakdown in the last episode, he appears to be throwing a tantrum.
- Tear Jerker: The end of the final chapter of A Jew's Journey, as well as Aaron's actual death. More generally, all of the Holocaust scenes.
"These scattered notes, much more than anything else I have written, must serve as the mark over the emptiness that will be my grave."
- Warren's death.
- What an Idiot: Aaron and Natalie continually refuse to leave Europe, even after Byron manages to track them down in the middle of the war. To be fair to Natalie, Byron's plan to get out was dangerous, she was advised against it by someone who had helped her so far, and she was not just risking herself but her son.
- WTH, Casting Agency?: It's downright bizarre seeing Ali MacGraw being treated like she's some exotic temptress, who one person even says might be mistaken for an Arab.