YMMV: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
- Angst? What Angst?: Despite being The Everyman, the narrator handles everything that happens to him pretty well.
- Epileptic Trees: None of the bizarre events that happen throughout the book are ever explained. Not in any satisfying way anyways.
- Nightmare Fuel: The entire "Boris the Manskinner" sequence.
- Squick: You really don't want to know how to skin a person alive.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: The whole book is LOADED with symbolism, especially in the narrator's dreams.