Tropers Online: 4,037
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
- Angst? What Angst?: Despite being The Everyman, the narrator handles everything that happens to him pretty well.
- Epileptic Trees: None of the bizarre events that happen throughout the book are ever explained. Not in any satisfying way anyways.
- Nightmare Fuel: The entire "Boris the Manskinner" sequence.
- Squick: You really don't want to know how to skin a person alive.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: The whole book is LOADED with symbolism, especially in the narrator's dreams.