YMMV: The Weekenders
- Anvilicious And how. Beyond so. But it's quite tastefully done, so even older audiences will actually think about the "lesson" and not just snigger their way through it.
- And they're useful lessons for someone of that age, too.
- Awesome Music: The theme song, sung by comedian/singer Wayne Brady.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment There are a few of these in the series, but the most egregious example is the episode when Jennifer Love Hewitt pops out of absolutely nowhere to try to get Tino to develop a crush on her. What.
- Down with the cotton gin! DOWN WITH THE COTTON GIN!; though it was a result of Tino eating strange foods before bed.
- Creator's Pet: While arguably the least popular of the main characters, Tish seemed to get a lot of episodes focused around her.
- Genius Bonus: The first bad event that happens in The Awful Weekend is Tino breaking a shoelace. Breaking a shoelace is considered an omen of bad things to come.
Tish: "This is a story for all ages, its called Oedipus Rex."
- Also counts as Getting Crap Past the Radar but some of the books Tish reads are, really, not appropriate for her age.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In "The Perfect Weekend", Tino looks around in a clothing store and finds a bin full of "Irregular Socks". He pulls out one that has two ear stubs and a face-shaped hole in it.
- In "Cry", the local pizzeria has a "futuristic"-styled machine that makes pizza and "prints" it. Such a thing exists.
- Wangst: Tish's attempt at getting Tino to show emotions in "Cry":
Tish: (weeps) I SPILLED MY CHUG-A-FREE-EE-EEZE!!!!Tish: Of course it's sad! I ruined a $20 blouse!