* CultClassic: Despite FirstInstallmentWins, ''Voyage of the Dawn Treader'' is one of the more popular books in the series.
* FridgeBrilliance: Caspian's ship is named "Dawn Treader". And the crew's journey is to ultimately find the Utter East that both their king and Reepicheep long to see... thus, when they finally arrive at the Utter East, the "Treader" quite literally treads the very Dawn of a new day.
* HilariousInHindsight: In the fog of nightmares, Eustace mentions hearing "[[NoodleImplements a huge pair of scissors opening and shutting]]." After about 1998 or so, this is likely to remind readers of a certain ''[[Film/TheBigLebowski other]]'' story with a NightmareSequence featuring giant scissors.
** Goldwater Island. [[spoiler: [[IDontLikeTheSoundOfThatPlace Deathwater Island]] [[AndIMustScream is right]]]].
** Plus the [[SuperFunHappyThingOfDoom Island Where Dreams Come True]]. [[OhCrap Not daydreams]]. ''[[RealDreamsAreWeirder Dreams]]''. As in ''[[NightmareSequence nightmares]]''.
** While Coriakin himself turns out to be a [[CoolOldGuy Cool Old Guy]], Lucy's walk up to the magician's study can get pretty unnerving--walking up a flight of stairs and down a hallway in complete silence, with strange carvings and paintings on the walls, doors that won't shut, and a minor [[JumpScare Jump Scare]] in the form of the bearded mirror.
* ValuesDissonance: Many people today may not find too much wrong with Eustace's family, as was described in the beginning -- though others may argue that the issue was with "faddism" as the likely motivation behind their lifestyle, rather than with their lifestyle per se.
* WhatDoYouMeanItWasntMadeOnDrugs: The last couple chapters are rather ... surreal.
** Perhaps because they're moving closer and closer to Aslan's country, Narnia's equivalent of Heaven.
** Or, to use a non-Christian parallel, they're on a vision quest.
* BrokenBase: This evokes this even more than the other two adaptations. Detractors don't like it because it adds an antagonist that didn't exist in the book, a GottaCatchEmAll plot involving swords and also a shorter running time. There's another subset that don't like it because it has a different director and therefore a different style from the first two. On the flip side, its fans argue that it needed some kind of narrative to help it flow better as a film (the book being a RandomEventsPlot) and they also enjoy the increased screen time for Edmund and Lucy.
* ClicheStorm: The mist and sword plot created for the movie is this for some.
** Will Poulter's portrayal of Eustace went down very well with fans.
** Likewise Liliandil was warmly received, and the name she got in the film is taken as canon.
* FridgeBrilliance: With WordOfGod confirming that the green mist was caused by the Lady of the Green Kirtle, it makes sense why she [[spoiler: murders Liliandil in the next book]]. Liliandil was the one who told the Pevensies how to stop her first plan.
* FridgeHorror: Lord Rhoop, the one found on the rock in the middle of Dark Island, has likely been constantly fighting his worst nightmares with no food and no rest for years.
* HoYay: There's a bit of it between Caspian and Edmund, though the film does point out that Caspian views Edmund (and Lucy) as his family.
* IKnewIt: A small one. Fans expected that Ramandu's daughter would get NamedByTheAdaptation (as it had happened to a few other characters in previous films). Liliandil is accepted as canon.
* NightmareFuel: The sea serpent [[spoiler: especially when it splits open!]]
** And Dark Island.
** The Green Mist.
* RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap: A lot of fans preferred Ben Barnes's performance as Caspian in this - since the character TookALevelInKindness and Barnes was using his natural voice.
* ReplacementScrappy: Subverted. Though Eddie Izzard's performance as the voice of Reepicheep in the previous film was highly praised by fans, Simon Pegg's turn in the role in this film has been embraced with equal enthusiasm.
* SpecialEffectFailure: The first appearance of the green mist.
* TearJerker: Reepicheep's farewell and subsequent [[spoiler:departure into Aslan's country.]]
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: Needless to say, a lot of fans did not like the added plot about gathering Aslan's swords or the green mist.
** Liliandil suggesting she change form if [[DistractedByTheSexy they find it too distracting]], Edmund and Caspian shouting "no!" and Lucy rolling her eyes. It was in every trailer.
** To a lesser extent, the minotaur making Eustace faint and saying "was it something I said?"
* VisualEffectsOfAwesome: You don't have to like the adaptation to admit that it's pretty.