YMMV: The Troll Hunter
- Hilarious in Hindsight: When Hans first takes the crew into the forest and leaves them to flush a troll out, they speculate that he is secretly filming them as part of a prank. Later that same year, Freak Encounters, a show on Animal Planet with that exact format (people, nominated by their friends/relatives, are tricked into coming face-to-face with a fake monster) aired.
- Narm: The first time the crew follows Hans into the forest, he suddenly bursts through the woods screaming "TROLL!"
- One-Scene Wonder: The Polish contractor hired to place dead bears at the scenes of troll attacks.
- Too Dumb to Live: The main characters (Hans excluded) can come off as this. Especially Kalle.
- The Woobie: Hans, whose life has been ruined by his job and who clearly regrets much of what his job entails. Remember that he mentions a troll massacre he was required to perform in the '70s. God only knows what's happened since.
- Iron Woobie: And yet he's still going, still alive, and still doing his job, even when he has to babysit a bunch of college students.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: For a low budget movie, the FX for the trolls are astoundingly effective. They look cartoonishly absurd, yet life-like, they provide a convincing illusion that they hold tangible space in reality.
- What an Idiot: Kalle really should have let someone know that he was actually a Christian.
- Also, Thomas really should have gone to the hospital immediately after being bitten by a troll