YMMV: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
- Hell Is That Noise: The infamous camera click sound at the beginning of the movie. God...
- Most Annoying Sound: Sally's constant screaming in the latter part of the film can really grate on the viewer's nerves after a while.
- Retroactive Recognition: That narrator in the opening text scroll was a then-unknown John Larroquette.
- The Scrappy: Franklin for his morbid personality, incessant bitching, and just being The Load in general. Yes, he's handicapped, but that doesn't excuse him acting like a Jerk Ass so often.
- Although he also does have his fans, who praise him for at least having a distinct personality unlike the other protagonists.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: Later films in the series would live up to the series blood-spattered reputation. This film, however, is largely bloodless.
- Tough Act to Follow: Both within the film series and for its director.
- Vindicated by History: While the film was a success at the box office it received negative to mixed reviews from critics. Decades later, it's now seen as a classics and respected for its bloodless depictions of the murders and seen as one of the earliest and more respectable entries in the Slasher Movie genre.