YMMV: The Tatami Galaxy
- Ear Worm: Both the opening and ending.
- Genius Bonus: You don't have to be a “genius” exactly, but amongst the random room plans in the ending, there's a golden spiral◊.
- Jerk Sue: Ozu might be considered one. Some of his activities throughout the series can come across as downright evil, and finding out that he did it all for his girlfriend isn't a good enough excuse for some people.
- Rewatch Bonus: With its anachronistic storytelling and "rewind" storyline, the show's made for this. Go watch episode 1 after episodes 10 and 11 and feel all the Fridge Brilliance kick in.
- Squick: Episode 7 is a tender, romantic story about Watashi's love of Jogasaki's love doll.
- They Just Didn't Care: We love you, Funimation, but there isn't really an excuse for the synopsis you've got on your website. The narrator isn't a dropout, and the synopsis also implies that the whole series is a flashback after the narrator meets the matrimony god.
- Ugly Cute: The way Ozu is drawn through the narrator's perspective throughout most of the show may qualify as this for some.
- What an Idiot: Narrator, there's a reason Ozu brought you a castella and said it would be ideal to eat it with someone.