YMMV: The Swarm
- Awesome Music: "Music by Jerry Goldsmith." The one credit on ANY movie with a "no-suck" guarantee. Here's proof.
- Narm: While swarms of bees overpowering anything in their path is terrifying in concept, the execution of it is very outlandish and hammy. Which leads to many moments of drama just failing.
- The illusions of the giant killer bees.
- Multiple Oscar winner Olivia de Havilland's infamous "scream moan."
- One-Scene Wonder: Slim Pickens as Jud Hawkins. See here.
- So Bad, It's Good
- Strawman Has a Point: Dr. Crane is clearly supposed to be the hero and General Slater the villain. The trouble is that all of the schemes for dealing with the bees suggested by Slater all seem eminently sensible but are shot down by Crane on the grounds of the "environmental damage" (even after the bees have already blown up a nuclear reactor, killing upwards of 30,000 people) whilst none of Crane's schemes actually work until the end. On top of that, Crane defeats the swarm of bees by setting an oil slick on fire, even though that is not exactly great for the environment.