YMMV: The Stuff
- Anvilicious: Like most of Larry Cohen's films, there's some sort of social commentary. Here, it's about consumerism and possibly also cocaine (the Stuff is an addictive white substance that causes you to lose weight and gain energy—in the middle of the 1980s, no less).
- Ear Worm: The jingle.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Chocolate Chip Charlie doesn't get much screentime, but what he does get is nothing short of amazing.
- Narm: Numerous examples.
- The man trying to placate his Stuff controlled dog was especially good.
- Paranoia Fuel: Your ice cream or yogurt may look suspicious after this...
- So Bad, It's Good: The hokey special effects and sometimes stunningly bizarre dialog are most of the reason to see this.
- Special Effects Failure: Constant and spectacular. Most notably is Charlie's death when The Stuff starts gurgling out of his throat. The puppet representing him has a grotesquely fake head.