YMMV: The Storykeepers
- Complete Monster: While the series itself is fairly religious in nature, and teaches that you should forgive those that had harmed you, it is Nihilus's unwillingness to live up to his mistakes which makes him a monster. He was the centurion to Big Bad Nero, and he was noted as being very ruthless as one. Throughout the series he attempted to purge Rome of the Christians by force. One of his plans involved him building a catapult and sending flaming debris into the tunnels in which they were hiding in. When he realized that one of his fellow centurions was a Christian, he vowed that he would stop at nothing to see him killed for his treachery. Later on, he tried to convince the children that the baker Ben was a liar and he promised to take them to their parents. When they refused his offer, he sets their home on fire with them still inside of it. He then tries to publicly crucify Ben and murders his student when he stopped him from doing so.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming - Cyrus' reunion with his parents, and later, Anna's adoption by Tacticus and Miriam.
- Fridge Horror – Nihilus takes Ben away at one point, palming a whip and stating that before Ben knows Nero’s wrath, “you’ll know mine.” Ben visibly flinches at the implication. The fridge horror kicks in when you consider the fact that the ancient Romans made torture an art, and as Ben is both a resident alien (not a citizen) and an ethnic minority, he’s little more than battering practice for the Romans.
- Fridge Logic – Typically, a male lion’s first act as a new pride leader is to kill any existing cubs, as a means of driving the lionesses into estrus. But Mangler seems perfectly content with Leo and Theo. Supposedly because he’s been missing his pride, and this new lioness and her cubs make up for the loss.
- On an unrelated note, Nero was actually blond.